MISSION & GOALS
Founded in August 2006, the NAWBO Orlando Foundation (ID 20-4191148) is a 501c3 that promotes entrepreneurship through the following channels:
- Educational programs that focus on helping women business owners. Program topics include marketing, finance, personal growth and other key topics.
- Annual fund-raising activities that support the development of programs that teach school-age, college and adult students about entrepreneurship through mentoring, internships and scholarships.
- Community involvement that includes partnering with other organizations to provide opportunities for educational programs, mentoring for women in business, and support programs for women entrepreneurs.
- The Foundation is the sister organization of the NAWBO Orlando chapter. Both organizations are operated by volunteers who are dedicated to promoting entrepreneurship, business growth and workplace diversity in Central Florida.
- The primary goal is to accelerate the growth of women-owned businesses that can, in turn, support economic development including job growth in the Central Florida community.
- The NAWBO Orlando Foundation is committed to accepting applications from people of diverse backgrounds, ages, socioeconomic conditions and educational affiliations.
- The Foundation solicits public contributions through community involvement, mailing, emailing, personal solicitations by the board of directors and other fund-raising activities.
- The Foundation is actively seeking area corporations, other nonprofit organizations and individuals to partner on its goals.