PropelHer Competition & Pitch
Presented by the NAWBO Orlando Foundation Inc.
This year will be our 6th year to provide step-by-step support for female entrepreneurs in a Competition setting. Over the years, we have given away cash and prizes with a combined value of over $60,000. This year's will be even better and bigger!
Applications will open with online registration is NOW OPEN.
Ready to Enter?
Follow these 4 steps (press the blue button below) to take your business to the next level.
- Press the big blue button and register for the competition
- Read "Competition Rules & Key Dates"
- Submit Your "Application" by Due Date (Midnight Nov 3rd) with application fee of $50 (you will then receive Dropbox to add additional requirements (listed below)
- Submit Additional Requirements: (support for What to include in these submissions and How to best formulate them is what will be covered during the webinars)
- 2 page executive summary
- 10 slide deck
- 45-120 second video
DEADLINE: Please submit all materials by 11:59PM on Friday November 3rd, 2017.
If you are interested in sponsorship packages, Please press MORE INFO or the DONATE NOW button or send an email to email@example.com. Sponsor info is available by pressing the SPONSOR INFO button below.
FREE Webinar Series:
This year we are offering a FREE webinar series. Please check here for more information and key dates.
Formerly known as the NAWBO Orlando “Driving Your Business Plan” Competition, but now known as the PropelHER™ Pitch, is an exciting opportunity for women business owners to showcase their business venture to prominent Orlando sponsors and business partners while competing for thousands of dollars in cash prizes and in kind services. We invite individuals from all disciplines – technology, engineering, business, social and political sciences, to participate in the NAWBO Orlando PropelHER Pitch Competition, one of NAWBO Orlando’s marquee events celebrating entrepreneurship, to see if you have a winning pitch!
We provide an unparalleled experience for the participants with a seven-month program geared toward making your business successful. The program culminates with interviews of the 6 finalists and an award luncheon. In addition to a webinar series, candidates will benefit with feedback and interaction from the judging panel.
The 6 Finalists that will compete LIVE in Jan 2018, will each receive cash prizes AND in kind services.
- An advisory team made up of experienced entrepreneurs and community leaders including legal council (IP, logo, & trademarks etc) marketing, website & technology & app creation support, monthly mentoring appointments, financial planning, and funding support & opportunities.
- Southwest round trip airline tickets.
- Recognition at NAWBO Orlando events and tons of PR.
- Winners in each category, Established and Emerging will BOTH receive $3,000 in cash with additional prizes valued at $7,000+ for a total prize package of $10K EACH.
- Runners up in each category will receive $1,500 in cash and additional prizes.
- 3rd place in each category will receive $500 in cash and additional prizes.
- Total purse payout to all 6 Finalist valued over $30K!
- Real-world opportunities to learn what’s required to successfully launch a new business (Emerging) or grow an established business (Established)
- Chance to receive mentoring from investors and experienced entrepreneurs.
- Scheduled opportunities to network with other businesses and potential customers.
- High caliber of judges, all senior level and industry leaders.
- Opportunities to receive individual feedback during workshop sessions and four Q & A sessions during the webinar series. Those dates are October 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th - all sessions are from 7-8pm with a Q & A time.
- Cash prize money for two categories of business: Emerging and Established. All six finalists will receive cash.
- Many other in-kind awards.
- Test your business idea (and your mettle) in a supportive, risk-free environment.
- Develop critical skills such as evaluating opportunities, creating marketing plans, preparing financial statements, leading a team and pitching investors.
- Receive one-on-one coaching, mentoring and feedback from experienced entrepreneurs and executives from the NAWBO Orlando community.
- Network with successful business executives.
The goal of the NAWBO Orlando PropelHER™ Pitch Competition is to provide an educational and entrepreneurial experience for women-owned businesses, and to encourage and support women entrepreneurs.